House of Queen, led by Queen Motlatle, is a total 360 degree grooming company, providing:
- Prosthetic special effects
- Body painting
- Creative directorship services
These services are offered to:
- Television production houses
- Feature film companies
- Commercial shoots
- Print houses
- Event companies (corporate & individual)
- Corporates and individuals seeking professional grooming
Our service entails a detailed consultation with our clients, to understand their desired look and feel; and then design and co-ordinate the overall styling and complete look.
The House of Queen make-up and hair crew is renowned worldwide and are looking forward to meeting with you!
Queen Motlatle, who heads up House of Queen, is an international makeup artist with a Masters Degree in Special Effects from Hollywood. She is a ball of contagious energy who started with humble beginnings as a counter manager for Revlon at Edgars. From then on, her trajectory knew no bounds and her career shot her onwards and upwards.
Some highlights of Queen’s career include:
- Grooming President Nelson Mandela, Thabo Mbeki and Jacob Zuma on a regular basis
- Appearing on numerous tv and print mediums
- Grooming members of the cabinet and politicians
- Makeup artist for music videos such as Brenda Fassie and R Kelly
- Makeup artist for the film: Crossing the Line, District 9 among others
- Makeup and wig artist for Walt Disney’s musical, the Lion King world tour and Beauty and the Beast
- Personal makeup artist for President Mandela
- Bill Clinton
- Lindiwe Sisulu
- Dr Mamphele Rampele
- Wangari Muta Maathai, 2005 Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- R Kelly
- Chris Rock international Kill the messenger tour
Queen was brought back from the international arena to conceptualise and creatively direct the makeup for the opening and closing ceremonies for the Confederations Cup in 2009 which awarded her the FIFA Soccer World Cup in South Africa in 2010.
In 2011 Queen made the courageous move to enhance her knowledge and skills by enrolling in a Masters in Advanced Prosthetics and special effects from the Joe Blasco Make-up Artistry Training Centre in Los Angeles. On her return, she was swiftly awarded the formidable task of make-up director for the ANC Centenary Ceremony in 2012 and AFCON opening and closing ceremonies 2013.
All these achievements led to Queen being sought after by cosmetic houses to collaborate and advise on makeup designs, which led her to being appointed as the official make-up expert for Avon Cosmetics South Africa as well as being a trusted local and international makeup artist for celebrities, actors and private individuals.
Based on the success of House of Queen, Queen was awarded a scholarship by GIBS & Goldman Sachs 10000 Women to increase her entrepreneurial talents by studying an MBA in 2013.
What makes House of Queen the first name that comes to mind?
The House of Queen make-up and hair crew is renowned for providing services for TV shows such as So You Think You Can Dance. They have worked at numerous award ceremonies, such as SAMAS, MTV Awards, Saftas Awards Metro FM Awards, South African Sports Awards, Eskom Corporate Awards, Sasol Reconciliation Awards, Sambro Wawela Awards, National Teachers Awards and Cricket SA Awards.